We moved!! Our new website is now called PoetsGig.com

Featured Poems

FEATURED POEMS


What's New!

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Turn Your Weakness Into Strength: The Coffee Cries Foul's New Look

By: Ymatruz | Filed under: |

I wrote my book, The Coffee Cries Foul, undecided whether to add graphics and images with the poems or not. I am not an artist and I do not know why I am bothering myself for it.

Drawing is not my cup of tea. Just the thought of it, overcrowd my head. Drawing  and I are not buddies. I could remember drawing a sketch of a woman but I hid the hands inside the pockets because my mind refused to picture the hand details. For all I know, this has meaning to psychology but for me, it is just a matter of laziness to illustrate as I did not have the patience to do it.

Initially, I set a project for myself – to finish and publish a poetry book only with words alone. Ok, the deal is closed.  But after completing the first draft and seeing a proof copy, I was not satisfied with the outcome. I really wanted to add images badly. The only major thing was – how? I could have work with other artists but it costs money to do that. It took me couple of nights to convince myself to open my eyes for creative art. I suck at it and I admit, it is my weakness and my greatest fear.

But what happens when you exert efforts to overcome your fear?

Most great artworks started with line drawings and so, I started with lines and curves. And to be honest, the results are not super incredible. However, I conquered my fear and that is important. Call me a grader student in this aspect but who cares. I discovered the creative part of me. I have known a "little" talent I never knew I had. Yay! It taught me the patience I was lacking before. A better version of me is reborn.


The book's new look:


THE COFFEE CRIES FOUL

The Coffee Cries Foul - A book of poetry, prose and quotes
A book of poetry, prose, and quotes


There was this saying, "Turn your weakness into strength." And that's what I did with the improved version of The Coffee Cries Foul.


You may have a better talent, but I have the guts.


The back cover:


Image of a mysterious woman at the back cover

The efforts (Grab my book to see them all):







If you are a book blogger and would like to do an honest review of my book, please drop me a message: ymatruzpost[at]gmail.com. Thank you!

Other than Amazon, check also the book reviews for The Coffee Cries Foul in Goodreads.

FOR US CUSTOMERS ONLY:

PROMO FOR FREE PAPERBACK COPIES - TO FOLLOW. CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.

FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS:

PROMO FOR FREE PAPERBACK COPIES - TO FOLLOW. CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES.
Advertisement

SHARE THIS POST:

No comments:

Post a Comment

PROMPT+QUOTES

HAIKU MOMENT

POPULAR THIS MONTH