We moved!! Our new website is now called PoetsGig.com

Featured Poems

FEATURED POEMS


What's New!

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Dream The Dream Of My Father

By: Ymatruz | Filed under: |

And so the time has come to share another poem from my wordsmith tongue.



Morning sun rises but not shining
       without my coffee bean
As the sun is always dark
       like the writer's block

Though brain's as big
as this planet
           but all empty
If I can't think, how do I feed
the growling stomach
           of my dog Harry?

I stand up and reach
       the window sill
so the blinds can see
But the little Sparrow
       enjoying chill
       his beak pecking
       awakening dying
cells of
my worn-out body

       The visit
of the sparrow
what does it mean?
       Is it my Dad's spirit
with his furrowed brow?
Or an omen
       of my dreams malfunction?
On the other side
of mysterious afterlife
Dad never fails
       to scold
Am under watch
       by his cold
ashes:

      "Polish your inborn talent till it's sharp enough
      to cut any string of struggles hindering your path.
      Direct your dream left and right.
     aim Wealth or Fame, Why not both?"


My untamed thoughts
        asked my father
Why not sends the
       Powerball numbers
in my dream exclusive?
  To catch the elusive
million lottery
If I win, Wealth and Fame
both can have me

Even in my sleep,
       I'm sickly haunted
Stupid alarm beep
       cracked my head
I told my Angels, don't get tired
       of me
I talked to my Dream and he said
       "Patience dear, on my way!"


Advertisement

SHARE THIS POST:

No comments:

Post a Comment

PROMPT+QUOTES

HAIKU MOMENT

POPULAR THIS MONTH