We moved!! Our new website is now called PoetsGig.com

Featured Poems

FEATURED POEMS


What's New!

Friday, October 21, 2016

Bringing you my legacy: Of coping with failure

By: Ymatruz | Filed under:

Drought always comes announced. Feel the signs and work towards the light. Prepare for its coming.

Bringing you my legacy: Of coping with failure poem talks about failure and rising up.

When I'm writing about taking chances,
be brave and face the demon – the truth is
I'm talking to myself

It is a message
intended for
my subconscious mind
my falling sky
A healing technique
to cover up
the rejections
overflowing
my bitter jar

False reasons
trapped in my old bean
Failure isn't my nemesis
denial of truth is

You would think
the word bona fide
does not apply to me
But you'd see me
standing up
after failure

I learned
to stop counting the ants
in my neighbor's backyard
Instead
I started to collect
the words in my inbox
of rejection letters
and placed them
to the juice maker
crushed them into bits
and swallowed
to fill my thoughts
again – of new words 
to write
my legacy


Advertisement

SHARE THIS POST:

No comments:

Post a Comment

PROMPT+QUOTES

HAIKU MOMENT

POPULAR THIS MONTH