We moved!! Our new website is now called PoetsGig.com

Featured Poems

FEATURED POEMS


What's New!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Han Solo is in My House

By: Ymatruz | Filed under: | | | |


Imagine a room filled with hundreds and thousands of Star Wars figures, beautifully organized in racks, and yes, according to the year these toys came out in the market. That is what my husband's cave look like. 


He cleverly used his dumbbells as bookends for his Star Wars book collections.

My husband is a very passionate Star Wars fan since he was 3 years old. He knows everything about Star Wars. He keeps track of his toy figures using an excel sheet way back since 1977 till date and also writes the list in his sacred notebook. He said (jokingly) that nobody is allowed to touch his toys ( that includes me...his poor wife!). That of course spares me from cleaning one room in the house, which is good somehow. One time, I took pictures of his stuff while he is gone for work and later in the day, asked his permission if I could post it online. In case you are wondering, he agreed to publish it that is why you are reading this article now.


Some of his Star Wars figures collections. There are more that were not displayed in these racks.

Among the Star Wars characters, Jabba the Hutt, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Skywalker, Queen Amidala, Princess Leia, Han Solo and Chewbacca are the only characters that I remember by heart. I admit having a confusion between Darth Vader and Kylo Ren. (Ha-ha..) Ahsoka Tano is my favorite Star Wars hero. She is the Padawan learner to Anakin Skywalker and I saw her from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I love her in a way that I could wear an Ahsoka Tano costume during a Comic-Con festival. No kidding.

Jabba the Hutt (center) with Qui-Gon Jinn and Jar Jar Binks in the background. I need Google's help to name the rest.

There you see (front from left): Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn and R2D2. Darth Vader, Han Solo and Obi-Wan ( last row, center)

My husband's collections have hundreds of other characters and believe me he could identify each and everyone of them including the year the action figure was released.  Let me tell you, honestly they look the same to me.

I have no idea who are most of these characters. Though I recognize, that big green thing at the back. Is that Jabba the Hutt?

Here I see Chewbacca and Queen Amidala, Jar Jar Binks and Darth Vader (?)

I have seen almost all the Star Wars movies and film cartoons courtesy of my husband. Among the men characters, Han Solo left a mark in my head because of his romantic interest with Princess Leia. Other than the guns, bombs and showing off your abs and Jedi power, women like me find love stories more interesting. They say Han Solo is a sexy beast. So is my husband. And I am his precious Princess Leia. 


Read Also: AN AMERICAN BASEBALL EXPERIENCE


HELLO PEEPS!

I have a follow up article that will uncover the Star Wars secret notebook that my husband uses for tracking his collections. So stay tuned for updates!
Advertisement

SHARE THIS POST:

PROMPT+QUOTES

HAIKU MOMENT

POPULAR THIS MONTH