We moved!! Our new website is now called PoetsGig.com

Featured Poems

FEATURED POEMS


What's New!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Winter in Somerset

By: Ymatruz | Filed under: |


A light winter snow. Photo taken in front of an apartment complex building in Somerset. Image: ©2016 Ymatruz

 So you are askin' me how is winter this year?
It's chilly, dry and colder each day.
And kids love it, in snow they play.


As days passed by, I know spring is coming near.
Though I'm gonna miss cuddling by the fire.
To feel warm around is my heart's desire.


Winter is hard and  makes the nights so long.
The loneliness that brings by the naked trees around.
Even the birds are sad, their home is bound.


While, I cannot wait to come the hot, hot summer.
Tomorrow when I wake up, there's a new beginning.
Fresh buds will bloom, that's what spring will bring. 


You held me captive in the warmth of your heart.
No winter snow nor coat is thick enough to dare.
Any season will be jealous by the love we share.



What do you think of this poem? I appreciate your comment.


Advertisement

SHARE THIS POST:

PROMPT+QUOTES

HAIKU MOMENT

POPULAR THIS MONTH